We are currently accepting applications until May 6, 2014, 4:30 p.m. Central Time.
What is NSI Totally Television?
This course provides hands-on series development training for producer/writer teams serious about getting their series concept made.
Each team is paired with execs from major Canadian networks, story editors and executive producers to help hone each concept and make it pitch perfect.
Past execs include Tassie Cameron (Rookie Blue), Vera Santamaria (Community) and David Barlow (King, The Border) and exec producers from Shaftesbury, Temple Street, Breakthrough and Omni.
The course gets results: since launching in 2002, 12 TV series have gone into development with a Canadian broadcaster. Of those, five have been produced for television, one was piloted for Citytv and one was turned into a feature film.
- Less Than Kind (HBO Canada and Citytv)
- ‘da Kink in My Hair (Global and Showcase)
- Todd & the Book of Pure Evil (Space, The Comedy Network)
- Wapos Bay (APTN)
- This Space For Rent (CBC)
- Crossroads (pilot for Citytv)
- The Odds (feature film premiered at TIFF 2012)
How much does it cost?
- $100 submission fee per application.
- $1,500 tuition fee per team member if your team is selected.
When does it take place?
The course is 10-months long however you’ll be at home for the majority of the course except a week-long training session in the fall, a second training session in the spring and attendance at the Banff World Television Festival.
Who are the NSI Totally Television faculty?
How do I apply?
Before completing the online application form you must read the course guidelines.
After reading the guidelines, please fill out the application form.