We are currently accepting applications until March 19, 2015.
How do I apply?
After reading the guidelines and being certain you can commit to the 14 week, full-time course, please fill out the application form.
What is NSI New Voices?
NSI New Voices is a culturally-sensitive training course that exposes young Aboriginal people aged 18-35 to a variety of creative and challenging employment opportunities in the film and television industry.
NSI New Voices grads have had a variety of successes:
- Broadcast of short film on APTN
- Acceptance into the NSI Drama Prize course
- Internship at the City of Winnipeg creating videos
- Crew on a variety of APTN programming including: lifestyle series Fit First; kids series Planet Echo, live coverage of the 2010 Olympics
- Won best student film at the 14th Annual Native American Indian Film and Video Festival of the Southeast in South Carolina
- Edited a Hollywood trailer and working as a professional editor in the industry
- Short film nominated for an APCMA
When does it take place?
NSI New Voices is a 14 week, full-time course (that means you will be busy studying or working from 9 a.m. through to 5 p.m., five days a week for 14 weeks).
The course takes place in Winnipeg from April 28 to July 31, 2014. If you are selected for the course, you will get minimum wage throughout training.