The call for applications to NSI Drama Prize is delayed. Check this space in early October.
What is NSI Drama Prize?
NSI Drama Prize is an ambitious course that provides emerging filmmakers with training in the various stages of filmmaking, $10,000 in cash support; over $20,000 in services; and mentoring from established industry leaders while teams develop and produce a short film (up to 10 minutes).
Past mentors have included Paul Haggis (Crash), Sheri Elwood (Call Me Fitz), Rob Merilees (Hard Core Logo 2), Gary Harvey (Arctic Air) and Damon D’Oliveira (The Law of Enclosures).
111 short films have been produced by 241 writer/director/producer graduates and have screened at hundreds of festivals and won awards around the world including:
- Oscars®, shortlisted for Best Short Film
- Clermont-Ferrand Short Film Festival: Special Jury Mention
- Genie Awards, nominated for Best Short Film
- Palm Springs
- Comic-Con International Film Festival, San Diego
- CFC Worldwide Short Film Festival: Bravo!FACT Award for Best Canadian Short Film
- Telefilm’s Not Short on Talent at Cannes
- TIFF’s Short Cuts Canada Program
How much does it cost?
- $100 application fee per team.
- $1,500 tuition per team member if your team is selected.