Congratulations to the 10 winners of the TELUS STORYHIVE animated shorts edition.
Creators behind the top 10 projects each receive a $10K grant to make a short animated film and distribution on TELUS Optik™ TV On Demand.
- Soggy Flakes – The Affolter Bros.
- Witch Problems? – Alexandra Marriott
- Ghost Food – Bracken Hanuse Corlett (NSI Aboriginal Documentary)
- Why Must The Sun Go Down? – Iris Moore
- S.O.S – Alain Williams
- Ragtags – Thomas D.
- Gerry Mouse – Charlotte Cooper
- The Legend of the Bunny Phantom – Simon Chan
- A Trickster Tale – Julian Black Antelope
- Player Two – Derrick Johnson
• • •
STORYHIVE is a community-powered funding program that allows members of the community to influence what projects will receive funding from TELUS.
The program allows content creators in British Columbia and Alberta to submit their story ideas to an online public platform. The community then votes for the project that should receive funding and go into production.
NSI delivers training for the selected projects and their creators once they’re chosen through the STORYHIVE process.