Congratulations to the NSI grads with films screening at this year’s Winnipeg Aboriginal Film Festival, including four films made through NSI programs.
Saturday, November 26 at 7 p.m.
- The Land of Rock and Gold from Janine Windolph (NSI Aboriginal Documentary)
Short film program: Saturday, November 26 at 9:30 p.m.
- NSI Aboriginal Documentary short Cree Code Talker from Alexandra Lazarowich and Cowboy Smithx
- NSI Aboriginal Documentary short Jane and the Wolf from Rachel Garrick and Nadine Arpin
MMIW film screenings: Sunday, November 27 at 1 p.m.
- NSI Aboriginal Documentary short 7 Minutes (pictured above) from Tasha Hubbard and Marilyn Poitras
Manitoba filmmakers night: Sunday, November 27 at 6 p.m.
- NSI New Voices short Open Mic from Olly King, Shannon Bear and Zachary Harper
- Remains, Human from Cody Halcrow (NSI New Voices) and Roger Boyer (NSI New Voices, NSI Storytellers)
- Starla from Luther Alexander (NSI New Voices, NSI Aboriginal Documentary)
Duane Howard, lead actor in NSI Features First film The Sun at Midnight, is the festival’s keynote speaker.
The fest runs from November 24 to 27.
If we missed your film, let us know!