Above: Not Broken Not Alone by Rodney Uhler
Sheri Candler – film marketing guru and friend of NSI – is working on a new initiative at Link TV for several short film series and is seeking short films.
Films can be in any language as long as they have English subtitles (most likely older shorts that have exhausted their life on the festival circuit and are now streaming online) that fit into specific interest categories.
No pay (sigh, she tried, but no) but the shorts will stream non-exclusively on Link TV’s website, their Roku channel and possibly broadcast nationally. Technically, one could say their film has a broadcast deal if chosen.
The series categories are as follows (you can see examples by clicking on the category title):
- Made by Hand – shorts about handcrafting things and the people who do this (woodcarving, bladesmithing, artisan products like soap and bread, etc.)
- Frame by Frame – animated shorts or music videos. They already have many experimental films but would love some narrative work
- Women in Focus – shorts about women’s issues, preferably with a global focus
- Prism – LGBTQ content in any format (animation, narrative and doc; racy stuff is okay but no porn)
- Bodies in Motion – dance short films
Sheri would like to add science fiction if she can get at least 24 shorts. There is also interest in starting a sports series but, again, she needs at least 24 shorts.
If you have some older shorts that fit any of the categories above, please contact Sheri. All questions about this initiative should be directed to Sheri.