Congratulations to NSI alumna Jordan Canning who won the Newfoundland Joy Award for her short comedy film Not Over Easy.
Jordan is a recent graduate of the NSI Drama Prize program where she wrote and directed the short film Countdown.
The award includes:
- $7,500 in rental services from Atlantic Studio Cooperative.
- $2,000 in cash from CBC Television Newfoundland and Labrador.
- $2,000 in post production services and $500 towards production equipment rental from the Newfoundland Independent Filmmakers Cooperative.
- $1,200 in script consultation from John Doyle.
- $1,000 in film stock from Kodak Canada Inc.
The Linda Joy Media Arts Society is a charitable organization established in 1986 in memory of Linda Joy Busby. Linda was the coordinator of the Atlantic Filmmakers Cooperative, as well as a talented Canadian artist and filmmaker when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She died in 1984 at the age of 34
The society was formed to support the work of emerging media artists in Atlantic Canada. The society also supports established artists who wish to explore a new genre or medium.